Microsoft Dynamics NAV WooCommerce Integration
If you’re working with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and you have a WooCommerce website, it’s really important that they can communicate with each other. That’s how Stock2Shop can help. We improve your workflow and efficiency by integrating with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and WooCommerce. You won’t believe how much a Microsoft Dynamics NAV WooCommerce integration simplifies your business.
Here’s what you’ll be able to do:
Sync inventory data
Easily sync your product information from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to WooCommerce.
- Instead of manually inputting data and any necessary changes to that data – which opens you up to the risk of human error – you can sync all your product information from Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- You can also easily sync your images between Microsoft Dynamics NAV and WooCommerce, and you can upload or remove images automatically.
- This data includes the SKU, price, stock level and product title, and can be updated on schedule (up to every 30 minutes).
- If you configure it correctly on Microsoft Dynamics NAV (we can help), fields from Microsoft Dynamics NAV can be “mapped” to any attribute on WooCommerce. We’ll work with you to create a flexible system that suits your needs.
- SKUs can also be synced onto your WooCommerce website via Stock2Shop as variable products: if you have variations in your products (e.g. one shirt that comes in multiple sizes), we can create one “variable product” with multiple “simple products” in WooCommerce automatically.
- You can decide which price list will sync from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to WooCommerce. You can run multiple price lists, and sync all price lists or just selected ones. We’ll help you set it up in the way that works best for your business.
- You can easily sync all your warehouses. Decide which warehouses (or combinations thereof) on Microsoft Dynamics NAV will sync to WooCommerce.
- Because Microsoft Dynamics NAV is totally customisable, you can set up as many user defined fields as you need. However you’ve configured Microsoft Dynamics NAV, we’ll take your customisations, pull the data and integrate it with Stock2Shop and WooCommerce. We can sync products, customers – any details you need.
- We understand that your ERP is the brain of your business. Once we’ve integrated it with your WooCommerce e-commerce website, you can be sure that all the necessary data is in the right place, without the risk of human error.
Once you’ve integrated Microsoft Dynamics NAV and WooCommerce, you can enrich data with ease.
- There are a number of workflows for enriching product data so it is ready to sell – we can help you choose the right workflow for your requirements.
- A popular workflow, for example, is to sync only SKU, title, quantity and price to Stock2Shop. You can then edit fields such as vendor, product type, collection and images directly on Stock2Shop, which will automatically update WooCommerce.
- Another workflow is to update these fields directly on WooCommerce. Using Stock2Shop flags makes it simple to decide which system manages which field.
- Either way, enriching product information is not only simple but consistent – whatever changes you make on Stock2Shop are synced with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and WooCommerce.
Customise product workflow
We can help you set up the perfect workflow to suit your business.
- You can limit the quantity of products you send to your WooCommerce website (e.g. maximum 50 units per product), and create rules to decide which products are sent.
- You can assign specific fields (such as brand, description, quantity or price) to different websites.
- You can create variable and simple products, depending on your needs.
- You can join multiple fields into one field before you sync to your WooCommerce website.
- You can customise your order workflow within Microsoft Dynamics NAV, to suit your specific needs.
Once Microsoft Dynamics NAV and WooCommerce can communicate with each other easily, you’ll find orders much easier to manage.
- You control everything from your central Stock2Shop console.
- When an order is placed on WooCommerce, it can be raised automatically into Microsoft Dynamics NAV as a quote or an invoice.
- It’s up to you whether you want all orders to be raised into Microsoft Dynamics NAV, or only orders that have reached “processing” (paid) or some other status.
- You can push orders to Microsoft Dynamics NAV, and not update stock levels or product information, or only update products and not raise orders (a one-way sync) if necessary.
- Invoices can be emailed automatically to the customer.
- You can decide whether orders go into one customer account in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, or whether they go into individual accounts. Customer accounts can be created on the fly in Microsoft Dynamics NAV if required.
- The whole ordering process is entirely automated, which reduces the risk of human error.
Customise the ordering process to suit your workflow perfectly.
- You can customise any field on the order.
- Shipping costs added to an order can be created as a line item (service item) on the Microsoft Dynamics NAV invoice or quote.
- Orders can be assigned to specific sales reps.
- You can add customer generated references to each order.
- You can choose to allow negative stock, if required.
- You can set the due day for each order.
- You can also pull any type of attribute information. For example, if you wanted to show the next arrival date of an item, Stock2Shop can bring this information in for each product.
- It’s up to you to decide whether Microsoft Dynamics NAV creates the order code, or you use the WooCommerce order code.
- You can also decide whether the customer’s address comes from WooCommerce or the existing customer details in Microsoft Dynamics NAV. This is particularly useful for B2B and trade transactions.
Automate order fulfillment
Once you’ve integrated Microsoft Dynamics NAV and WooCommerce, you’ll find pushing orders to a fulfillment service simple.
- You’ll be able to set up order fulfillment to run automatically.
- Choose to fulfill the order depending on its status (e.g. paid).
- Customise order fulfillments according to your workflow requirements.
- Have a totally automated solution: from placing an online order to delivery.
Customising notifications is just one of the many ways your business will work better once you’ve integrated Microsoft Dynamics NAV and WooCommerce.
- You can choose which people receive notifications for specific activities, such as when orders are received, when orders are processed to Microsoft Dynamics NAV, when orders fail or when product updates fail.
- Help your team focus by only notifying them of tasks directly related to their work.
- Reduce the possibility of human error by ensuring nothing goes unnoticed.
A streamlined workflow means a more efficient business. Let us help you achieve that.
- With one central console, your Stock2Shop queue shows all data activity. This queue ensures you never lose precious data (updates or orders) – even if Microsoft Dynamics NAV or WooCommerce go offline. You can assign certain people to receive notifications of certain activity, such as orders or errors. You can see orders coming in, with their corresponding order code from WooCommerce and from Microsoft Dynamics NAV. And you can monitor product updates. All in one place.
- It’s business as usual, just better.