Omni Accounts WooCommerce Integration
If Omni Accounts is your ERP of choice, and you’ve got a WooCommerce e-commerce website, it’s important to set up communication between them. Stock2Shop can help your business work better by integrating with Omni Accounts and WooCommerce.
Here’s what you’ll be able to do:
Sync inventory data
Sync product data near real time, with no risk of human error from Omni Accounts to WooCommerce, once you’ve integrated with Stock2Shop.
- Instead of manually inputting data and any necessary changes to that data – which opens you up to the risk of human error – you can sync all your product information from Omni Accounts.
- This data includes the SKU, price, stock level and product title, and can be updated on schedule (up to every 30 minutes).
- You can also easily sync your images between Omni Accounts and WooCommerce, and you can upload or remove images automatically.
- You can add user-defined fields to your inventory on Omni Accounts and segment your inventory into the categories, sub-categories or brands you choose. You can then sync these fields to WooCommerce via Stock2Shop. We’ll work with you to create a flexible system that suits your needs.
- SKUs can also be synced onto your WooCommerce website via Stock2Shop as variable products: if you have variations in your products (e.g. one shirt that comes in multiple sizes), we can create one “variable product” with multiple “simple products” in WooCommerce automatically.
- With unlimited user defined fields and unlimited price lists on Omni Accounts, as well as the option for multi-currency sales, your ERP is the brain of your business. Once we’ve integrated it with your WooCommerce website, you can be sure that all the necessary data is in the right place, without the risk of human error.
Choose which workflow suits your business, and enrich your product data with ease once you’ve integrated Omni Accounts and WooCommerce.
- There are a number of workflows for enriching product data so it is ready to sell – we can help you choose the right workflow for your requirements.
- A popular workflow, for example, is to sync only SKU, title, quantity and price to Stock2Shop. You can then edit fields such as vendor, product type, collection and images directly on Stock2Shop, which will automatically update WooCommerce.
- Another workflow is to update these fields directly on WooCommerce. Using Stock2Shop flags makes it simple to decide which system manages which field.
- Either way, enriching product information is not only simple but consistent – whatever changes you make on Stock2Shop are synced with Omni Accounts and WooCommerce.
Customise product workflow
You know your business better than anyone. Customise your product workflow to suit your business perfectly – we’ll show you how.
- You can limit the quantity of products you send to your WooCommerce website (e.g. maximum 50 units per product), and create rules to decide which products are sent.
- You can assign specific fields (such as brand, description, quantity or price) to different websites.
- You can create variable and simple products, depending on your needs.
- You can join multiple fields into one field before you sync to your WooCommerce website.
The ordering process can be simple and straightforward. Control everything from your central Stock2Shop console and you’ll be amazed how simple it can be.
- When an order is placed on WooCommerce, it can be raised automatically into Omni Accounts as a quote or an invoice.
- It’s up to you whether you want all orders to be raised into Omni Accounts, or only orders that have reached “processing” (paid) or some other status.
- You can push orders to Omni Accounts, and not update stock levels or product information, or only update products and not raise orders (a one-way sync) if necessary.
- Invoices can be emailed automatically to the customer.
- You can decide whether orders go into one customer account in Omni Accounts, or whether they go into individual accounts. Customer accounts can be created on the fly in Omni Accounts if required.
- The whole ordering process is entirely automated, which reduces the risk of human error.
Customise the ordering process to suit your business – we’ll help you set it up to work for you.
- You can customise any field on the order.
- Shipping costs added to an order can be created as a line item (service item) on the Omni Accounts invoice or quote.
- Orders can be assigned to specific sales reps.
- You can add customer generated references to each order.
- You can choose to allow negative stock, if required.
- You can set the due day for each order.
- It’s up to you to decide whether Omni Accounts creates the order code, or you use the WooCommerce order code.
- You can also decide whether the customer’s address comes from WooCommerce or the existing customer details in Omni Accounts. This is particularly useful for B2B and trade transactions.
Automate order fulfillment
Pushing orders to a fulfillment service doesn’t have to be complicated. Once you’ve integrated Omni Accounts and WooCommerce with Stock2Shop, order fulfillment is easy.
- You’ll be able to set up order fulfillment to run automatically.
- Choose to fulfill the order depending on its status (e.g. paid).
- Customise order fulfillments according to your workflow requirements.
- Have a totally automated solution: from placing an online order to delivery.
You’ll be amazed how much more streamlined your team becomes when you customise notifications.
- You can choose which people receive notifications for specific activities, such as when orders are received, when orders are processed to Omni Accounts, when orders fail or when product updates fail.
- Help your team focus by only notifying them of tasks directly related to their work.
- Reduce the possibility of human error by ensuring nothing goes unnoticed.
A streamlined, efficient workflow is one of the most noticeable improvements once you’ve integrated Omni Accounts and WooCommerce.
- With one central console, your Stock2Shop queue shows all data activity. This queue ensures you never lose precious data (updates or orders) – even if Omni Accounts or WooCommerce go offline. You can assign certain people to receive notifications of certain activity, such as orders or errors. You can see orders coming in, with their corresponding order code from WooCommerce and from Omni Accounts. And you can monitor product updates. All in one place.
- It’s business as usual, just better.